2012. március 10., szombat

In memoriam Ezra Pound

The tree has entered my hands,

The sap has ascended my arms,

The tree has grown in my breast -

Downward,

The branches grow out of me, like arms.

Tree you are,

Moss you are,

You are violets with wind above them.

A child - so high - you are,

And all this is folly to the world.

+++

Kezembe nőtt egy szép fa,

Belőle nőtt ki két karom,

Gyökere a szívemben van –

Igen, ott,

S ágai, mint a fegyverek.

Te vagy a fa,

És moha vagy

Rajta, s szellő ringatta ibolya,

S gyermek, ki megnő.

De ez nem a nagyvilág baja.

No man can see his own end.

The gods have not returned. "They have never left us."

They have not returned.


Senki sem látja, mi a vége.

S az istenek hiánya? "Nem hagytak el”.

De itt sincs egy se.

I make a pact with you, Walt Whitman -

I have detested you long enough.

I come to you as a grown child

Who has had a pig-headed father;

I am old enough now to make friends.

It was you that broke the new wood,

Now is a time for carving.

We have one sap and one root -

Let there be commerce between us.

+++

Alkut kötök hát veled, Walt Whitman –

Utáltalak eleget mostanig.

Kamaszként ismertelek meg,

S a disznófejű nagyúr volt apám;

Felnőttem, s most barátkozhatok.

Te vágtad hasábba a fát,

Most a vésésnek ideje.

Egy a gyökerünk. Hát –

Legyünk mostantól cimborák.

Nincsenek megjegyzések: